Photobucket

April 26, 2014

in Christ alone

This is my favorite of my little 'proverbs', my favorite song, my life goal; the sum of who I am and all I ever hope to be.

It goes without saying, but I will say it anyway: Christ is my Savior, my All-in-All, my Lord, my God, my King, my Brother, my Friend. He is the listening ear that hears me through any thickness of mountain walls, from any distance, at any and all times.

Living in Christ alone is my one lasting hope and dream.

I am a fickle creature - it is part of the curse of sin - but my God is ever faithful to draw me back to Him, to my First Love.

No man compares with Him. Nor anything the world can have to offer. His wisdom is worth more than all of the gold, silver, and precious gems in all the universe - and that covers only one of His many glorious attributes.

My body needs sleep, food, coverings, but my soul needs only Jesus, and He provides all of my needs - both earthly and heavenly - and cares for me more than many sparrows.

"On Christ the Solid Rock I stand;
All other ground is sinking sand...
All other ground is sinking sand"

He is forever faithful, and I owe Him everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment

data:newerpagetitle data:olderpagetitle data:homemsg