Photobucket

March 12, 2012

Dopey's feather


A few years ago, a friend of mine gave me a mountainous pile of yarn, including a kit for making a pillow. Well, I used the yarn that came with that kit for headbands and crocheted flowers, but I finally finished knitting a case for the kit's stuffing. I could hardly believe how squishy it was! It reminded me of that scene from Disney's Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, when the dwarfs fight over who gets to sleep with the only pillow, and end up tearing it in half and scattering feathers everywhere; Dopey the dwarf keeps one of these feathers, gives it a few pokes, and lays down to sleep peacefully. 

My pillow, affectionately dubbed 'Dopey's Feather', feels like what I imagine that feather must have felt like... just right.



No comments:

Post a Comment

data:newerpagetitle data:olderpagetitle data:homemsg