Photobucket

October 20, 2012

gaining wisdom

My younger niece and both of my nephews have new teeth coming in. During this process, as is expected, they tend to be a little grumpier because of the pain, and their sleeping patterns often change slightly. And I know just what they're experiencing.

My wisdom teeth are coming in. It's not so bad in and of itself, but they aren't straight. While I was at the dentist having my cavities taken care of, they took an x-ray of my whole mouth, which showed that my wisdom teeth are actually curved.
    On the upper-right quarter of my mouth, that far-back tooth has almost completely 'erupted'. It's a little pointy on one side, and is digging just a little into my cheek. I've been stuffing facial tissues back there to give my mouth a rest, and finally the skin in that area is toughening against the attack. The first few days, I didn't think I would survive the pain. Really, it was awful; it gave me headaches, and I could barely open my mouth or chew any food. It's such a relief to be past that stage of the game!

When I finally do have my wisdom teeth removed, we're hoping that they will all have come out enough that the bill will not be quite as... well, substantial. What I'm hoping personally is that I've gained some actual wisdom out of the deal.

No comments:

Post a Comment

data:newerpagetitle data:olderpagetitle data:homemsg