Photobucket

November 12, 2012

steps to holiness

"If I go and prepare a place for you,
I will come again and receive you to Myself,
that where I am,
there you may be also."
-John 14:3

Learning to wait patiently for Your return, O Lord, I read Your Word, participate in Your church, fellowship with Your adopted children, and kneel daily in Your gift of prayer.

Grow me, change me into Your likeness, do not let me grow weary because of opposition, or discouraged because of the slowness of my run toward holiness.

Uphold me, comfort me in the power Your Spirit, empower me to sacrifice the desires of my sinful flesh, renew my mind in the perfection of Your wisdom.

Teach me to put to death my selfishness, my pride; and help me not to punish myself for my sins any longer, for Your Son has long ago been punished enough for the sins of all Your people, past, present, and future.

Praise be to God Almighty forever and ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment

data:newerpagetitle data:olderpagetitle data:homemsg