Photobucket

July 27, 2013

Hope

"Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen."
-Hebrews 11:1

I'm sure we Christians all reach places in our life where we feel we've never needed so much faith ever before. I'm sure we've all come to roads so uneven, we barely have the energy to hope against all of the pain. And I don't know about you, but I've learned that the world can never carry our burdens for us; that's our Savior's job. "Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For My yoke is easy and My burden is light." (Matt. 11:29-30.)

Well, I'm exhausted. About an hour ago, I thought I might collapse from lack of peace, anxiety, nervousness, and fear. God is so gracious to answer our prayers. The butterflies in my stomach have not ceased their dance, but my mind and heart are not so despondent as they were. I might say it helps to have a cuddly cat to keep me company, but I know for a fact that my only true solace if from the Lord's loving hand. He is my consolation. He has promised my destiny lies within the gates of heaven, ever eternally by His side... What more can I ask for?

I expect that my whole world might just turn upside down tomorrow somehow. I feel like Alice when she tumbles into Wonderland; so many curious things happen to her that she begins to wonder what isn't possible!

"From the end of the earth I call to You when my heart is faint;
Lead me to the rock that is higher than I."
-Psalm 61:2

"You will make known to me the path of life;
In Your presence is fullness of joy;
In Your right hand there are pleasures forever."
-Psalm 16:11

I was so deep in thought that I ignored food half of the day. I needed spiritual sustenance first, and my mind needed to be fed with the peace of prayer before I could fill my body with daily bread. The Lord has provided for me.

Rest, sweet rest, I welcome you this night. The sun sets... oh, sunsets! ... I will rise and praise the Lord because He is always there for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

data:newerpagetitle data:olderpagetitle data:homemsg