Photobucket

May 31, 2011

Childhood Notebook

Dear Reader,
I just was looking through an old notebook of mine from when I was about 7-9 years old. I forgot what a strange little kid I was. *Ahem!* Whom I kind of still am...

I came across a little story I had started awhile ago. It was a typical one of mine I'd written again and again --- with only varying conflicts --- at least four or five times: the bad-guy was always named Phillip, and the main character was always a princess (at that age, in all of my writing, it had to be a princess). Her name was Sara.
    I had a lot of arguments with my sisters back then over whether or not the princess' name should have an 'h' at the end. I didn't want it that way, and so --- being the passionate, headstrong girl I was --- I wouldn't settle for an extra letter. I started out with 'Sara', and I wasn't about to change it.
    At age twelve when I wrote the story again, guess what? I spelled it, 'S-A-R-A-H'. Along with headstrong and passionate, I guess I can also be a little fickle.


 So, this is what I wrote: (I changed the spelling and suchlike a little because as a seven-year-old, I hadn't yet really mastered correct grammar. Oh --- And as a heads-up, keep in mind that I kind of forgot certain details when the story progressed, so a few things will not be completely resolved.)


~Princess Sara~
Chapter 1 - Hope-n'-Help

Today Princess Sara was just waking up to the beautiful morning. "I've got some work to do," said Sara. First she went to the kitchen to eat, then wrote a letter to her friend. In 5 days she would have her 12th birthday! The day after the Party, the Special Princess Ball would come. "Two things to look forward to," said Sara to the cook.
    "Yes dear," said the cook. "You are almost ready to become Queen!"
    Sara smiled. "Thank you."
    "Oh, Sarah," said her mother, "A letter came for you!"
    "Go on!" said the cook.
    "Oh my! Yippee!" said Sara loudly. "Mother! MOTHER! Dad's coming to my birthday! Hurray!"
    "Oh my!" said her mother, "He's been gone so long. Now he's coming back!"
    *Ding! Ding! Ding!*
    "It's the bell!"
    "Go get it, Sara." [I almost spelled that with an 'h'!]
    "Hello, sir," said Sara. A man was at the door.
    "Hi, miss!" The man said to Sara. "Can I see your mother, the Queen?"
    "Yes," said Sara. "Mother! Someone's at the door that wants to see you!"
    "Okay! Oh! Mr. Blackwood. I've been expecting you. Come in."
    "Mother, who is he?" said Sara in a whisper.
    "Mr. Blackwood, Dear," her mother answered. "He's our new butler."
    "Oh!" said Sara.



Chapter 2 - Friends or Not?

"Today!" Sara shouted. "Hurray!!!" For the Party, Sara had tea with her best friend. The ball day finally came. Princess Sara was looking for the perfect dress for three hours! The dress she chose was pink, puff-sleeved, and just the right size for her. At the time Prince Phillip [I used to spell his name, 'Fhilip'] came in, Sara could smell trouble.
    "Sara!" her mother called. "Dear, it's time to meet everyone. This is Princess Amy, Prince Alex, Prince Phillip, Sir Andrew, Queen Sophia [Formerly spelled, 'Sophiya'], King James [totally had no idea about an actual King James at that age], Princess Karen, Queen Charlotte, Princess Margaret Rose, and Princess Elizabeth."
    Sir Andrew asked for a dance. When Sara and Sir Andrew came close to Prince Phillip, Sara felt something heavy clutch the bottom of her dress.



Chapter 3 - Kidnapped!

Sara tripped. She was so embarrassed, she ran all the way to her bedroom, slammed the door, and didn't come out until dinner.
    "I never, ever want another ball again! Never!"
    "Oh, Sara," said her mother, "Do you think one single accident can stop you? It's like saying you'll never become Queen!"
    "It's NOT the same," said Sara. "I'm never having another ball!"
    "Dear Princess," said Mr. Blackwood, the butler, "Nothing can stop some big girl like you!"
    "But---"
    "You need some practice, that's all," Blackwood interrupted Sara. "Remember, a princess is a princess, no matter how many mistakes she makes."
    "Thank you," said Sara, "But still, I won't have another ball!

The next day, Sara was going to visit Prince Phillip. Her mother was coming with. When they got there, they went into a big room just for visitors. They talked about stuff, until Phillip led them on a trip around the castle.
    *Wang!* [I have no idea how I came up with that sound-effect...] Sara got hit on the head with a long piece of wood, and got knocked-out! Someone took her away into a small room with no windows, only candles. They put her on a chair and tied her up with rope. When Sara woke up, she was feeling dizzy from the log. When her head finally got better, she noticed that she, herself, was indeed in terrible danger! After about thirty minutes, she saw a black figure in the room close by her. The figure pulled on it's black head, a dark mask, revealing a face. It was Prince Phillip! He had his arm behind his back and pulled it from behind --- he was carrying a hot sword!!!
     Sara was so scared, she fainted! But soon she woke up. She looked up at the ceiling and saw a big black board with long sharp points hanging from it! And Prince Phillip had seventeen other men with him. One was holding scissors up to a thin rope which was tied to the big black board above her!
    "Help!" Sara cried. Soon after, one of the men ran up to her, took a handkerchief, and tied Sara's mouth all up! Sara again yelled 'help', but this time it was very quiet, muffled by the handkerchief.
    Prince Phillip walked up to Sara, held his glowing orange sword out to her, and touched it to her cheek. "You'll never escape from ME, you little peasant!" he shouted aloud. Sara began to cry. She KNEW there was no escape.



Chapter 4 - An Old Friend

Sara was even twice as scared when Phillip said, "If you move a single muscle besides your eyes, I'll make Simon cut the rope." The threat was terrible. Sara forgot her fears, but before she could move to speak, Sir Andrew burst in with Princess Anabelle, Prince Collen, Mr. Blackwood, and Sara's mother, the Queen.
    "Oh! Hello miss --- uh --- your Highness," Phillip said in a small voice.
    "Hello Mr. Kidnapper," the Queen answered.
    Sir Andrew was a favorite of Sara's, and today she was being rescued by him! The real secret was, that they both loved each other. [And of course my little kid mind could not wait a few more sentences to put that in.]
    "You snake!" cried Princess Anabelle to Phillip.
    "My dear girl, are you okay?" the Queen asked.
    Sara tried to say yes, but with the handkerchief, she couldn't.
    "Oh, I should have known that old Mr. Blockhead would have done something so terrible!" said the Queen. [Where had I come up with that nickname?]
    Simon was not even close to forgetting he was supposed to kill Sara. As quick as a flash, he cut the thin rope!


Chapter 5 - Finally!

Sir Andrew ran fast and grabbed the rope to stop it from falling.
    Prince Phillip was in a rage. "Princess Sara, you were about to die, and soon, VERY soon, you will!" he threatened.
    "Mmmhh!" Sara tried to talk.
    All of the other men with Phillip gabbed Princess Anabelle, Sir Andrew, Mr. Blackwood, the Queen, and Prince Collen. Prince Phillip grabbed Princess Sara.
    Now everything is turning out wrong! Sara thought.

    For three weeks, the group stayed tied up under the roof of Prince Phillip's castle. On the last day of the three weeks, Prince Collen got an idea, but didn't tell anyone. Simon took Princess Anabelle in a room. He put a long sword in a VERY hot fire. He took it out, and stuck it forward at Anabelle. He put it near her skin on the neck threateningly, and soon Prince Phillip came in a took the sword from Simon. He touched the hot sword to Anabelle's throat. She screamed loudly. It hurt her BADLY!
    During this, Prince Collen somehow untied his ropes, got out of his chair and ran away. Prince Phillip kept on sliding the burning sword over Anabelle's neck. She shrieked every time.
    The next day, Prince Collen came in the castle with one-hundred men!
    "Collen!" Anabelle cried happily.
    The day was saved.



Chapter 6 - Married

Sir Andrew and Princess Sara got married in April. They moved to Europe and had a baby girl named Mary. The end!!!



I wish you could have heard me laugh as I typed this out. What a strange little kid I was! I always had the same main elements in a story: a princess, a prince, a villain, a kidnapping, one or two near death experiences, a happy ending. I never had anything truly original except for strange names for characters that I would sometimes make up. But reading this --- although is has been thoroughly embarrassing --- has revealed how incredibly far I have come in my writing since then, and therefore has greatly encouraged me!
   (And again, if anyone would like a copy of the first taste of my either of my two novels in the making, I'm willing to send at least  part of the first chapter by email to anyone who asks. Visit my Contact page to find my email address, or comment on this post below. I haven't yet finished the first chapter of either novel yet, but they're close. One is Medieval-styled, and based on the life of a royal family. Believe me when I say it FAR exceeds, in every way, the ridiculous tale you just read! The other novel I'm working on is a cross between the life of a human and a dragon. Both are the two main characters, and it concerns how they meet and must work together to save the world.)

Thank you for taking the time to read this!
God bless! ♥

1 comment:

data:newerpagetitle data:olderpagetitle data:homemsg