Photobucket

May 21, 2011

Blessed and Blessed Again!

Dear Reader,
I apologize for the long gap between now and when I last wrote. The blog site was undergoing a few changes and I couldn't access my account to post anything. But this did however provide plenty of time for me to work on some more photos! (Happy-moment music)
    This photo you see on the left is of my beloved grandmother when she took me out for lunch and on a walk for my birthday. I saw this tree off the side of the path of the park, and insisted that I capture my lovely grandma posing for it. You can NEVER have too many pictures of the people you love! I was quite satisfied with the way this photo turned out, and learned a new technique for how to edit-in that dark border, (not the widescreen effect, but the shadows in the upper corners on either side). Oh yes, it's a new favorite. ;)

I was in a drama class this year with many of my good friends. It was one of the best experiences I've had this spring! Drama over these past two years has helped loosen up my shyness, enhanced the little skill at improvisation I have, and just plain brought me joy because of my teacher, my dear fellow participants, the numerous practice sessions, and the actual performance itself. This photo is of two of the boys in the class, brothers. I honestly think they are the best actors out of everyone in the class; they are great at improvisation, ALWAYS have something hilarious to say, and play the parts given to them really well --- even if it means playing a girl. ;) It wouldn't be Drama Class without them!
    This year, we did our own rendition of Sleeping Beauty. The boy on the right there played the Prince Methuselah, and ironically his brother on the left played his father. (Technically, his father-in-law.) Which made me the former's play-mother-in-law and the latter's play-wife. We had a lovely lady play the Princess, whom was referred to as 'Aurosa', a cross between 'Aurora' and 'Rose'. There were good fairies, evil henchmen of the wicked fairy (more commonly understood to be a witch), the aforementioned king, queen (me), prince and princess, and two special children --- although in truth were teenagers --- who retold the tale from their perspective. It was great fun to rehearse, and just as much to perform. I'm going to miss Drama Class, but I can scarcely wait until next year!

 I've been taking piano lessons for over a year now, and just recently had my first recital. I played two songs: 'May It Be' by Enya --- a personal favorite song --- and a medley composed of the hymns 'Oh, How I Love Jesus' and 'My Jesus I Love Thee'. Perfect for me! The former song I had already been playing for several months and knew the whole thing by heart. I played it almost perfectly at the recital, and I actually enjoyed it instead of just freaking out about how I was doing. 
    Not so for my second piece. I had just barely learned the whole thing a few days before my final lesson, which was about four days before the recital. I stumbled on the first page and ended up having to skip a few measures to get myself back on track. The ending was the only part that truly satisfied me, and since my teacher told me that that was the most important part of any piece because people remember it the most, I was able to be a little more at peace about my performance.
    Right now, I'm learning to play Scarborough Fair, a song I've always loved. I have it almost memorized (it's not very long, just over a single page), and I enjoy it almost more than any of the other songs I've played this year!

 This photo is of my precious mom and younger sister, Emily. I suppose I should have posted this with the rest of the photos from the same day, which was in fact Easter, but I couldn't bear to wait. Aren't they cute? =)
    This was taken at a park near my cousins' house. It's about a block from their home, and while we were walking there, I realized I didn't have my camera with me, and ran back to go get it. You know me. I can't survive a special trip like that without my camera! (Forgive me if I accidentally mention this clip of my Easter Sunday story when I post the rest of the photos later on. I don't mean to be a broken record!)
    I don't know what I would do if I didn't have my family. Obviously, God planned my life out really well because He put each one of the members of my PRECIOUS family in my life! Oh, it hasn't always been easy to live with them; every family has disputes. But the blessings have been greater than the hard times, I know, because even the trials have brought about wonderful things, just like the promise Paul wrote in Romans 8:28, 

"And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose."

    The last experience I would like to share is the Bible study I went to with some of my friends just last night. They had been going through a book that explains the details concerning other religions, and how we as Christians can effectively witness to them. This week, we were going through Judaism, and it was perfectly fascinating! The study was brilliantly in-depth, and FAR better than I had dared to hope for! I found that I was already acquainted if not also friends with everyone in the study, and God really blessed my time there. I'm grateful that the friends who first invited me to come have also offered to drive me there continually throughout the summer. Boy, do I owe them, big time!

God has truly been so incredibly good to me!

God bless you all! ♥

P.S. I must apologize for not having posted the first chapter of my novel yet as promised. I'm still working on it --- however, life has been busier than anticipated. But fret not, those of you who have been looking forward to it. I shall try to have it completed soon. For the sake of copyright issues, I have decided not to share it publicly, but I will willingly send the first chapter to any of my followers who are interested. Thank you! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment

data:newerpagetitle data:olderpagetitle data:homemsg