Photobucket

September 30, 2011

Season of Fire

My absolute favorite time of the whole year has arrived. Autumn. Technically, it the official 'first day of autumn' has already come and gone, but to me, it started just yesterday. I looked out the window and saw a thickening blanket of bright yellow leaves swirling about in the delightful blustering wind. Sunlight rained down through leaves still attached to the trees with the effect of a cathedral window, stained in hundreds of varieties of red, orange, gold, and green. The two young apple trees in the yard were overloaded with fruit. Enormous white clouds were rolling by, revealing large lengths of blue to contrast the vibrant colors below.

{ purevioletphotography© }
No other season causes my heart to beat so erratically. The memory of this is the fiery beauty and the promises of God keep me warm throughout the winter. The tomatoes I planted earlier in the year were not quite as fruitful as I had hoped, but plucking the small harvest from the limp green branches still had that wonderful hint of satisfaction which nothing but hard work can provide. (Next year, I shall do far better, for I have learned from my mistakes.)

I hope that you all enjoy this season as well and discover the immense beauty in the little things, as I try to do daily.

"The earth is the Lord's and all it
contains,
The world, and those who dwell in it."
-Psalm 24:1 (NASB)

No comments:

Post a Comment

data:newerpagetitle data:olderpagetitle data:homemsg