Photobucket

April 12, 2012

reading and remodeling

My house is all messed up. Our kitchen is in the living room, our dining room table is in our library, and a couple of days ago, half of my bedroom was in my parents' room while my dad was putting up new trim . . . Yeah, it's been pretty crazy these past couple of weeks! A guy came to install new counter-tops in our kitchen, and until this morning (when we could relax a little), it's just been weird.
    And as we were moving all of my things back from my parents' room and into mine, I rearranged everything. Now, my bed is directly under my window, my dresser is nearest my door, and my desks are on opposite ends of the room from each other. I rather like it.

And yesterday, I finally finished reading 'Forest Born' by Shannon Hale. That's a check off my extensive book-reading list! I'm going to be charging through 'The Hunger Games' (as mentioned before) as soon as possible, and I'm also interested in giving 'The Unwanteds' by Lisa McMann a try. I came across it accidentally at the library in audio version, and immediately requested it after I read the description:

In a society that purges thirteen-year-olds who are creative, identical twins Aaron and Alex are separated, one to attend University while the other, supposedly Eliminated, finds himself in a wondrous place where youths hone their abilities and learn magic.

And that wasn't even the first thing that caught my attention about it. Not only was the cover illustration intriguing, but on the top of the book cover, it said "The Hunger Games meets Harry Potter". Naturally, having fallen in love with both of those stories, I couldn't resist this one. And I'm always searching for good books that will "hone my abilities" in writing. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

data:newerpagetitle data:olderpagetitle data:homemsg