Photobucket

November 8, 2011

Giving Thanks ... day eight



    8. Music
Every week in church, we sing lovely songs to the Lord. I love to just listen to all of the voices coming together as one in musical praise to God, a representation of what I believe we will be doing in heaven for the rest of eternity. It is so beautiful.
    Some of my favorite music consists of movie soundtracks. For example, 'Forbidden Friendship' from the animated film How to Train Your Dragon and 'Rejection in the Rain' from Megamind always touch my heart.
    My favorite songs of all are 'In Christ Alone' (preferably the beautiful rendition by Owl City), and the precious hymn 'Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing'. Both of these seem to momentarily bring me to heaven and give me a clearer glimpse of my sin as well as God's incredible love.
    Music can be so healing; music can speak so much more than mere words ever could; music is one other thing I am so thankful God put in our lives!

"I will praise the name of God with song
And magnify Him with thanksgiving."
-Psalm 69:30

No comments:

Post a Comment

data:newerpagetitle data:olderpagetitle data:homemsg