Photobucket

November 17, 2011

Giving Thanks ... day seventeen


    17. Trials
I know I've gone through this generally when speaking of missionaries and suchlike, but this is something I want to stress specifically this year. I have experienced a few very difficult trials over the past three years; trials all of which have tested my faith in God, and took some time to recover fully from. For privacy I can't go into detail, but I want to share at least that although every one of these trials was extremely difficult, God brought the best from them, just as He promised:

"For I know the plans that I have for you,’
declares the LORD,
‘plans for welfare and not for calamity
to give you a future and a hope."
-Jeremiah 29:11 

(I speak of course of true Christian believers, true Children of God, and not the unsaved.)

Some trials we bring upon ourselves by sinning; but God still works through them in our lives for the best.

Some trials are given to us by God Himself to grow us; for without a workout, muscle doesn't grow; without tempests, the sailor wouldn't know how to handle his vessel on the seas; and without winter time, we'd be overrun with rabbits --- or rather, sins, in our lives.

Trials are just another part of the Holy Spirit purifying and sanctifying us in preparation for heaven. They are not 'fun' when we are in them, but after the fact --- when we see what God had been planning all along --- we marvel that we couldn't see it and that He could be so wise and truly wonderful to us!

No comments:

Post a Comment

data:newerpagetitle data:olderpagetitle data:homemsg