Photobucket

November 25, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving!


Happy Thanksgiving, everyone! I hope you all did things that made the day all the more special to you, and are thanking God for everything He puts in your path, even though the special day set aside for it is here and gone.

I can't believe how quickly this has gone by, this series of gratitude. I loved the picture of the verse ( to the left because it reminded me not to simply thank God for what He has done and all that He is simply this one month and certainly not this one day, but always, and in everything.

And now we come to the final thing on my list:

    24. Salvation in Christ Alone
As the verse goes, "And there is salvation in no one else; for there is no other name under heaven that has been given among men by which we must be saved." (Acts 4:12)
    I was saved at about the age of eleven, not of mine own work, but because of God's love and mercy. He showed me my sin, my worthlessness, my need for His hand in my life. I would never have chosen Him on my own accord, but I did because I love Him; and I love Him not on my own, but because He loved me first. I realized that I was a prisoner to sin, and that Christ had set me free. Obviously, this is the thing I am most thankful for, above all other things --- this is true love... God's love.

No comments:

Post a Comment

data:newerpagetitle data:olderpagetitle data:homemsg