Photobucket

November 21, 2011

Giving Thanks ... day twenty,one


I've decided to stroll off the beaten path today and list a few different things I'm thankful for, just for today, instead of simply one for which I'm thankful in general.

    1. Writing
I don't know why, but when the seasons change, I am more inspired than ever to write. Since the snow fell just a few days ago, I've felt such an urge to sit down and just GO. I'm only into the second chapter of my story, but as more and more ideas come, the more I know I need to set free my fingers and print the words from my whirlwind of thoughts.

    2. Piano Music
It is the day of the first piano lesson I have had in over a month. And so, I now regret having not practiced more over the lapse of time, but I am reaping the consequences tolerably. I am thankful that God has blessed us with music to enjoy --- and of course, I want to practice more in the future so that I am not so easily caught off-guard. ;)

    3. Sleep
I've been caring for a friend's cat this week, and the friendly little thing does not want anything else but to be in my lap whenever I am in the same room. My bed is also located directly under my window --- a favorite place for her to roost --- and so she must jump from the floor to my feet, and from my feet to the windowsill in order to peer out into the starlit night. I like to roll around in my sleep, and so my consciousness of her presence prevents me from rolling enough and thereby sleeping soundly. If all that escapes your understanding, simply know that I have grown to appreciate sleep more than ever this week!

    4. Thick Socks
Doing school today was hard because my toes were soaking up all of the cold in the room. (It's very hard for me to concentrate on anything when I can't FEEL anything....)

    5. Pinterest
My sweet sister-in-law introduced my family to a fun site called Pinterest, and I am completely addicted to it, as she predicted! (You can find me on Pinterest here)

"Bless the LORD, O my soul,
And all that is within me, bless His holy name." 
-Psalm 103:1

No comments:

Post a Comment

data:newerpagetitle data:olderpagetitle data:homemsg